- Collaborate with the founders & customers to gather requirements and translate them into features.
- Design, develop, and maintain the frontend and backend components of our AI-powered platform.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and mentor junior team members.
- Identify and troubleshoot software defects, performance bottlenecks, and other issues.
- Write documentation using the Joggr platform!
If you don't have these, probably won't get past resume review.
- Founder mindset, meaning at times you will need to do things outside of the "normal" job description.
- 3+ years or experience working as a Fullstack Software Engineer, preferably in a senior or lead role.
- Worked at an early stage startup (less than ~20 employees).
- Customer-obsessed, everything you build is for the customer!
If you meet at least 3-4 of these please apply!
- Solid understanding of frontend development principles and frameworks such as React and Vue.
- Expertise in backend development using Node.js frameworks such as Fastify (preferred), Redwood, or express.
- Experience using Node.js ORMs such as Prisma (preferred), Sequelize, or TypeORM.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience working with SQL databases such as, MySQL or PostgreSQL (preferred).
- Familiarity with containerization and deployment using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including version control (Git), testing, and code reviews.
- A strong appreciation for writing & reading documentation!
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Flexible recharge time with 24 days per year of PTO.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k matching, 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Generous compensation package including stock options.
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, where you can help make a social impact at a charity of your choice.
- Yearly Hackathon: a 3-day window where you can build whatever you want & test some of those wacky ideas.
- OSS contribution days: 1 day a month can be spent contributing to an OSS of your choice.
- Flexible WFH policy: we love being in the office but you're an adult, so do whats best for you.
- Office space in downtown Manhattan, with coffee, cold brew and other drinks & snacks.
New York Salary Range: $135k-$175k